Labels

Thursday, July 26, 2012

MentorMob for Exam-takers

In my previous posts I have talked about MentorMob. I also embedded two playlists which were to show how useful it may be to have tutorials in one place.

This time I would like to talk about my idea of using this tool for students who are preparing for exams. Most of the students I have are preparing for the IELTS exam and I usually send them links to various articles and videos not only to develop their reading and listening skills but also to help them learn about IELTS common topics such as Technology, Environment, Medicine, Business, etc. This helps them to develop topic vocabulary for writing and speaking. The only problem with sending links is that when new students join the class, I start sending the same links to them as well as new ones. This takes a lot of time and sometimes becomes confusing because I may forget who has read or has not read an article and send it again or not send it at all.

When I discovered MentorMob, I realized that this tool could solve this problem. Moreover, it could help me test my students' comprehension of what they have read and heard. My idea is to create topic-based playlists, which I can always update, and add quizzes after each video or article to check understanding. Then the playlist can either be embedded into the wiki that my IELTS students have or just one link can be sent to them, which will save my time but at the same time will be very useful for them. The same links can be sent to students preparing for FCE or CAE as the topics are more or less the same for these exams.

This is the first playlist I created and shared with my students and they have already started watching the videos and doing the quizzes.



Create your own Playlist on MentorMob!



Create your own Playlist on MentorMob!


Create your own Playlist on MentorMob!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Annita,
    Awesome tool. I'll give it a try right now, well after work. I'd like to know if we could use it for many groups, like let's say an intermediate group, we could put the links together, that would be great! That would so super. I will check this tool later and will return for some more precise feedback.
    Thanks again
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Debita!

    I am sure it will work for any level students. The best thing is that our learners can collaborate on a playlist together and create their own quizzes too. Say, they work in groups, prepare a playlist and quizzes for other groups and then compete. :)
    See how it works. You gave me an idea right here and I added to it, my dear friend. :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete